Borak Arts Series’ Pitchpad creates a forum for all involved in the arts to present or discover new performing arts projects. This year’s Pitchpad will have up to 10 submissions to pitch their works to performing arts professionals including presenters, festival directors and venue programmers.
PITCHPAD platform has seen more than 40 artist pitch their works to more then 170 performing arts professionals, including presenters, festival directors and venue programmers and as a result, have secure additional project support, representation, performance engagements, international exposure, premiere locations and touring opportunities to over 25 countries such as Japan, Australia, America, South Korea, Denmark, Belgium and more.
Participants may potentially secure additional project support, representation, touring opportunities, performance engagements, international exposure, premiere locations, and more, as a direct result of their presentations at Borak Arts Pitchpad 2018 in Adelaide this year.
To be eligible to pitch, prospective projects must meet one of the two criteria:
1. Work is still in developmental stage with plans to premiere within the next two years OR
2. Work has already premiered but has not yet toured outside its country of origin
Artist Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to pitch, prospective artists must meet all of the below criterias:
1. You are a professional performing artist(s) or company.
2. You are available to present at Borak Arts Series, Adelaide Festival Centre on Friday or Saturday, 2-3 November 2018.
3. You are able to attend a technical rehearsal on the evening of 1 November 2018.
– Selected applicants will have seven (7) minutes to pitch their work and three (3) minutes Questions and Answer session with the judges.
– Presentations aid can include any combination of text, audio, visual, and performance which will need to be sent to organiser by 15 October 2018.
Application fee is AUD$20 (MYR60), used to pay an independent panel of 3 judges, a small fee for taking time out of their busy schedules to evaluate and shortlist PITCHPAD applications.
Application fees must be paid on or before the closing deadline (11:59pm GMT+9:30) to be deemed eligible for shortlisting.
Shortlisted PITCHPAD applicants will then be eligible to pitch at Borak Arts Series 2018.